Monday 5 August 2013

Can a citizen be deported from its country into the same country? I heard that some citizens of Anambra state were deported from Lagos state. I don't know if this issue of "deportation" is right or wrong and I'm not sure if the Lagos state government acted according to the constitution or against it. What i want to point out is that this displacement of people from a part of the country to another part should not be called deportation. A country can only deport a person who is not its citizen and cannot deport one who was born and bred in the country and in essence its citizen. Simply put, Citizens can not be deported. This is just to point out the grammatical error in using deportation in such context. But I'm only an English learner, i may be wrong but this is just my view.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

Livescore powered by whatsthescore.com

Click banner for details...