Monday 19 August 2013

I've always bn an avid supporter of Arsene wenger and his policies. For years now I've found it difficult to criticize the manager even when all blames should be directed at him. Years without any trophy obviously should have changed my stance but no, i always felt Mr. wenger deserves respect for the success he brought to the club in the past. However, today I'm a changed fan. The opening game of the season left my mouth wide open as i watched the defeat of my beloved football club. If we can lose to aston villa in the season's first game, what should we expect then when we face tougher opponents as the season progresses. What happens when we face the likes of chelsea, man city and man united(can't forget that 8-2 mauling)? These are questions the manager must answer. But it seems Mr wenger has lost his touch. When I read his answers concerning transfers, the only question that comes to my mind is "is this man in his right senses?" When he says we are looking for quality players, I cannot but ask if the likes of marouane fellaini, luiz gustavo, gonzalo higuain, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Williams and many other reported targets are not quality players who can undoubtedly add to the team. Has the manager forgotten that new signings even increase the team's morale and confidence?
   Now i cannot but support the AST's position that Mr. Wenger's contract renewal should depend on his performance in this transfer window and the first half of the season. We've had enough of the lies from ivan gazidis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

Livescore powered by whatsthescore.com

Click banner for details...